PRESENTED BY: DR KRISTINN HEINRICHS, PhD, PT, SCS, ATC
Self-Care is Primary Care
As health care providers, educators & families we have all experienced exceptionally high trauma and stress over the past two years.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Stress and burnout are near epidemic and threaten the entire U.S. health care system.
- Burnout and depression are expensive and start early, affecting 76% of medical residents; physician burnout costs $4.6 billion annually; the cost of replacing a nurse is 1.3 times the nurse’s annual salary.
- Physicians with low heart rate variability are 6.2 times more likely to make medical errors.
- Emergency and internal medicine physicians have higher suicide rates; orthopedic surgeons have the highest suicide rate of all surgical specialties.
- Physicians who practice mind-body skills experience less emotional exhaustion, better concentration and focus, improved surgical skills, and better relationships.
- Mind-Body Skills training is well received in medical residency programs as a way to prevent early burnout.
- Patients who practice mind-body skills require less pre- and postoperative medication (including opiates), experience better outcomes, and are happier.
- Looking for ways to improve your health and well-being but have limited time?
- Experiencing burnout and workplace stress that is interfering with your ability to care for yourself and those you love?
- Searching for a path to experience everyday life from a new perspective and learn ways of stress relief that you can apply with immediate results?
- Looking for ways to improve your mental performance, flexibility, and creativity?
- Longing for community, connection, and hope?
You Will Learn:
Evidence-based mind-body skills that you can use today to:
- Enhance your immune response and reduce inflammation to cope with illness or chronic disease
- Sleep better
- Transform anxiety and depression to optimism
- Experience creativity and peak performance “flow”
- Create a new vision and bring greater joy to your life and work
- Build trust with yourself, your patients, and important relationships in all aspects of your life
- Build a high-trust organization and improve your business bottom line
Enhance Resilience & Connect With Others
See below for all the details you'll need to join this amazing mind-body skills group
facilitated by Dr Kristinn Heinrichs
REQUIREMENTS & RECOMMENDATIONS
MIND-BODY SKILLS GROUPS
- These mind-body skills groups are open to everyone.
- No experience is necessary. Even if you have experienced some of these skills, please join us and come with a “beginner’s mind”.
- Space is limited to 8-10 participants who will be eligible to enroll after the “meet and greet” session.
- You are an important part of the group. If you miss a session, your absence is very much present. Therefore, we ask you to join with a commitment to participate in all the sessions. Come with the intention to share what you have learned with the rest of your group and learn from one another. Bring a desire to connect with, and understand, others with unique experiences equal to your own.
- This is neither a webinar nor a drop-in group. This is not a therapy group. Instead, this is a highly supportive community to experience mind-body skills with a facilitator who is also an equal participant in the group.
REQUIREMENTS & RECOMMENDATIONS
Dr, Kristinn Heinrichs
Kristinn is a PhD-trained, dual Board-certified clinical specialist in neurologic and sports physical therapy and an athletic trainer. She bridges allopathic and complementary integrative rehabilitation of complex chronic problems of orthopedic, sport, and military traumatic brain injury (headache, disequilibrium, exercise intolerance, post traumatic stress, and chronic pain). Her philosophy is grounded in the question of “What matters to you, not what is the matter with you”. During each session, she incorporates mind body skills and movement to enhance healing and promote recovery. She brings creativity and the mind of a puzzle solver to each person seeking wholeness and health in her clinical practice. As an educator and professor, she brought mind-body skills to the university classroom, continuing medical education, and to the athletic field to improve performance. Dr. Heinrichs is certified in Mind-Body Medicine by The Center for Mind-Body Medicine. Following the CMBM model for self-care, she facilitates mind-body skills groups for expatriates, educators, health care professionals, businesses, and the community in English and German. She is available for consultation to partner with you to bring you into “flow” with what matters to you and your organization.
Disclaimer: Dr. Kristinn Heinrichs does not provide medical advice. Furthermore, we do not provide therapy, diagnosis, or treatment for health care, medical, mental health, or counseling issues. The information provided is provided for educational purposes only. If you are experiencing a medical or mental health issue, please seek the advice of a professional health care provider or professional counselor.